12th May 2020
Dear Valued Customers
GETTING READY FOR “THE NEW NORMAL
Because of this we have already put into place all the recommendations from the Government and Public Health England that protect our customers and team members during this lockdown time, including but not limited to:
– Social Distancing – 2 Meters distance between our Front of House teams and our guests at Reception, Public Areas, Lifts and Corridors
– Bedrooms have the 5 Key Critical Touch Point Cleaning touch points including, handles, switches, remote controls, and high contact furniture
– Enhanced cleaning practices in conjunction with Diversey our chemical provider in all public areas, washrooms and lifts.
– Our teams have been provided with the relevant PPE in each of the hotels departments.
– All our team members have access to COVID-19 testing, as part of the Government Key Worker initiative for testing.
If you have any questions or concerns, or think we can help in any way, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
40g Mature Starter
30g Strong bread flour
Leave for 4 hours or until a small amount will float in a glass of cold water.
Add Leaven to 400g Water and break with fingers.
Add 500g Strong bread flour and mix all thoroughly in bowl and scrape down sides.
Leave for 30 minutes and add 10g salt. Squelch together with wet fingers.
Leave to prove for 30 minutes.
Fold all corners of bread in until you feel the dough tighten. Leave for 30 minutes and repeat this process.
Lightly flour the surface and turn out dough onto kitchen side. Leave for 15 minutes to relax.
Then begin to shape dough by twisting base with dough scraper and supporting top with your hand until suitable shape.
(don’t worry to much about this its more for aesthetics)
At this point you can only either prove until dough has tripled in size (60-90 minutes) and proceed to cooking without basket.
Or if you want the full flavour and complexity use a proving basket.
Flour your basket well (heavily for your first few tries there is nothing worse than finding out your bread has stuck and is ruined).
Place your dough into basket and leave to prove as previous instruction.
Once your dough has risen cover and put in your fridge for 12 hours to rest and retard dough.
I like to cook mine in a ceramic pot. A dutch oven type pan.
Preheat oven to 240c with dutch oven inside.
Turn bread out softly into dutch oven and score the top neatly with a razor blade or sharp knife this helps with the baking rise.
Put lid on and a tray of water in the bottom of the oven to create steam and cook for 20 minutes.
Then remove lid and steam tray and continue cooking for a further 20 minutes.
Rest for 15 minutes once out of the oven then enjoy.